August 30, 2018 at 8:32 pm #7674
When I place a EM: Call to Action Widget on a page other than the front page, it does not show the same way as the front page:
1. Height is smaller
2. There is no overlay
3. It does not scroll
So what’s up with that? I understand that the front page is a different template – but IMHO your widgets should operate consistently across the entire theme.
How do I fix this?September 4, 2018 at 3:41 am #7726
There are few styles that are specific to the front page widget area. Can you please share your site URL? We can check it and see what CSS should be kept to fix it and we will provide the CSS.September 4, 2018 at 4:00 am #7728September 5, 2018 at 4:12 am #7743
In which page you are using CTA widget apart from home page? I looked through site links but could not pinpoint the page. What I am trying to do is find the page and generate CSS for the CTA.
BTW, your site is nice. Color scheme is also pretty cool.September 5, 2018 at 6:25 am #7745
I think I deleted it and I am not sure what page it was on. For the most part I really like the theme. However, there are some related problems:
1. The “front page template” is really nice and has a lot of versatility, but can only be assigned to one page – the home page. So it is useless for the rest of the site.
2. While schools can use what I call the “bloggy stuff” for current events, most of the information that is needed to put on a site does not change – so the post type is not used much.
3. The default template is nice – but the extra width below the primary menu is a nuisance and a waste of space. It is hard to control the size of images to make that work and most of the time just gets in the way.
4. So we have had to resort to using PageBuilder for almost all pages except the home page. PageBuilder lets us use all sorts of widgets – but some of the EM widgets won’t work in that environment – including CTA.
5. So here is what I would do to improve this:
— make the front page template available anywhere on the site
— at least make the extra width below the primary menu optional – so that could be turned off completely
— add a template that is similar to PageBuilder that allows adding of various kinds of rows and widgets
I tried to put the CTA back on this page: https://missional.university/advancement/why-invest/
You will see the CTA button at the bottom of the page. It is in PageBuilder – but it doesn’t work (layout 2 won’t allow me to add an image this time, layout 1 doesn’t show anything).
Thanks for letting me share. I think you have a good product here – it just needs some tweaks to make it more versatile at least for our use.September 7, 2018 at 3:55 am #7769
Thanks for the detailed reply. Really appreciate the suggestion. We will try to implement those in future updates.
Regarding CTA widget, as a quick fix, you can display image in CTA using the row options, rather than uploading image in widget itself.
We will try to implement as you mentioned but not all could be implemented I guess due to backward compatibility problem. Anyway thanks for your valuable reply.September 7, 2018 at 4:17 am #7772
Thanks for your response. Can you explain “can display image in CTA using the row options”? Maybe a screenshot – I am not sure what you mean. Thanks.September 12, 2018 at 4:34 am #7818
You are using SiteOrigin Page Builder, right? You can add separate background image for each row. You can try that.September 12, 2018 at 2:17 pm #7825
Thank you! That was a great help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.